Manually installing Firefox 13

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 5 17:37:01 UTC 2012

Am 05.06.2012 14:05, schrieb Fernando Cassia:
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> you are really long enough on this list to recognize
>> that you always got the latest version
>
> Not really. I used to stick with F9 and F10 on this machine for about
> two years, long past their expiry date, so to speak...
>
> I only got back up to date with F16 and F17, and then I never paid
> much close attention to Firefox updates, as I primarily used
> SeaMonkey

koji buildserver is your friend
xulrunner/firefox/thunderbird are depending

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=37
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=4569
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=39

the packages are not puplished, but better to mess with software
making the idea of a package-managment absurd (yes, all 3 are
working for me on F16) - no reason to wait a week because these
are usually also security-updates

[harry at rh:~]$ rpm -q firefox
firefox-13.0-1.fc16.x86_64
[harry at rh:~]$ rpm -q thunderbird