Red Hat Will Pay Microsoft To Get Past UEFI Restrictions

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 02:45:32 UTC 2012

On 06/02/2012 08:14 AM, Thibault NĂ©lis wrote:

> If the technical task of signing a kernel is too much for people who
> don't care much about security, they can disable secure boot.

Anyone here have password-protect set for their bios? I don't, never
have. So, I have no beef whatsoever if I can hit the del key during boot
and turn off secure boot. Or, remove the battery and reset the bios to
it's original state of it being off. I just don't think MS will make
that concession. Not in a million years. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html