NVidia GT520 and the rpmfusion how-to

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 20:39:32 UTC 2012

I just plugged an NVidia GT520 into my Fedora 17 machine and I have two
monitors working with the nouveau driver with zero effort on my part. Yay.
But videos are jumpy so I want to try the proprietary driver.

I went to the How-to that's been recommended on this list, at

http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia

Where the first task is to figure out which driver to install. The options
are "GeForce 6 and Newer," "GeForce 5 (FX Series)," and "GeForce 2 through
GeForce 4."

You're supposed to see what lspci says to figure out which you have, but my
lspci output is a little obtuse:

[matt at matt ~]$ lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Device 1040 (rev a1)

Which one do I have?

Thanks,
Matt