16 -> 17 = No HDMI

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 16:31:51 UTC 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 12:43:47 +0200
suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Fedora User <fedoradch at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Fedora no longer recognizes my HDTV as a second monitor; Worked just
> > perfectly in F16 bringing up the display dialog when I plugged it
> > into the HDMI port. System settings -> display shows only the
> > laptop display.
>
> What does "xrandr -q" tell you?

# xrandr -q
xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 1366 x 768, current 1366 x 768, maximum 1366 x 768
default connected 1366x768+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   1366x768        0.0*

I am getting a simultaneous display on the larger screen which appears
to be 1024 x 768 in the middle of a 1920 x 1080 screen. This DID
function perfectly just prior to the upgrade.