[kinda OT] focus audio

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Sun Jun 10 20:00:53 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I have multiple vlc (videolan) windows open,
each playing a separate stream.  Unfortunately, all the audio plays
simultaneously.  In order to listen to only one of them it requires
manual intervention.  Basically it comes down to a lot of muting and
unmuting in different windows.

My window settings are "focus on mouseover".

Is there any such thing as "audio focus on mouseover"?

That would be an incredibly powerful way to utilize pulseaudio's
capabilities.

Anybody have any idea how to accomplish that effect?

Thanks,
Mike Wright