No device (wireless router) at mac address.

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 10 23:52:33 UTC 2012

On 06/11/2012 07:11 AM, Quicksort wrote:
> No problem to set my wireless LAN up under Windows7 x64.
> I only have to input the SSID, the security mode and the WEP key.
>
> Unfortunately Fedora' s network configuration tool system-config-network
> does not find any device at the
> router' s mac address I have input (when I click "probe"), although this
> router is connected to the ethernet port and
> handles the internet connection which works fine.
>
> What' s wrong ?

Your system is using a wireless connection, right?  And you are using GNOME as your
desktop?

If that is true, then you should be using "Network Settings" GUI of GNOME which is
accessible by clicking on the icon in the upper right of your screen.  I'd tell you
more....but I use KDE and the tool is a bit different.  Both work well, IMHO, for
setting up a wireless LAN.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage