Fedora 17 cannot get nfs to work

Derek Tattersall tatters at newsguy.com
Mon Jun 11 01:29:55 UTC 2012

I just installed f17. When I try to run the nfs server, and a bunch of
other things as well, I get this error message:

[root at frankenstein etc]# systemctl start nfs-server.service
Failed to issue method call: Unit var-run.mount failed to load: No such
file or directory. See system logs and 'systemctl status var-run.mount'
for details.

The log file is full of this message. What is causing it?

from /var/log/messages:

Jun 10 18:15:33 frankenstein TIFIER=systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency
job for unit lvm2-monitor.service, ignoring: Unit var-run.mount failed
to load: No such file or directory. See system logs and 'systemctl
status var-run.mount' for details.
Jun 10 18:25:49 frankenstein TIFIER=systemd[1]: Cannot add dependency
job for unit lvm2-monitor.service, ignoring: Unit var-run.mount failed
to load: No such file or directory. See system logs and 'systemctl
status var-run.mount' for details.

Any ideas?

Derek Tattersall