16 -> 17 = No HDMI [RESOLVED]

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 04:02:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 21:20:19 -0400
Fedora User <fedoradch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fedora no longer recognizes my HDTV as a second monitor; Worked just
> perfectly in F16 bringing up the display dialog when I plugged it into
> the HDMI port. System settings -> display shows only the laptop
> display.

Got it!

I used preupgrade. It left xorg-x11-drv-intel-2.19.0-3.fc16.x86_64 on
the system because it appeared to be newer. The correct driver is:
xorg-x11-drv-intel-2.19.0-1.fc17.x86_64.

Once I removed the old driver with "--nodeps," installed the new
driver and rebooted, everything worked as expected.

I had also discovered some difficulty with mplayer. That, too, is
resolved with the correct driver. I'll wager that there are a number of
people who have the wrong driver installed and don't even know it - yet.