fedora 17 hates me

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Jun 11 04:11:31 UTC 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Edward M wrote:

> On 06/10/2012 02:12 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:

>> The Windoze actually boots and runs.
>> My old Fedora 14 does not.
>> It seems to boot.
>> It fills in the ice cream cone with the finfinity symbol.
>> The it stops.  No mouse or any offer to let my log in.
>> I can't even get to another console.
>> boot.log is okay.
>> messages ends with a message that the login demon received signal 15
>> (TERM).
>>

>    other then the badly structured nonsensical rant, you should of
> disclose what type of system this is and if there were any errors, so
>    we can help:-)

On 06/10/2012 02:12 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> It fills in the ice cream cone with the finfinity symbol.
> The it stops.  No mouse or any offer to let my log in.
s/The/Then/  s/my/me/
> I can't even get to another console.
> boot.log is okay.
> messages ends with a message that the login demon received signal 15 (TERM).

Is there someplace else I should look?
The computer is a DakTEch Freedom 4 P4 DDR System.

The system board is a D865GBFL w/LAN,audio & video
Processor Intel Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz 800FSB

40.0GB Seagate Ultra ATA 5400 rmp
Onboard IDE controller
64 MB ATI Radeon DDR video
1.44 MB floppy drive
CD/DVD Drive 52X EIDE CD ROM
Sound integrated AC97 audio w/Soundmax
AOC LM720 flat panel monitor
HP Photosmart C3180 All-in-One printer
integrated Intel 10/100 ethernet w/D865GBF board
Toshiba SDR5112 CDRW/DVDRW combo internal
The keyborad is a Logitech USB keyboard.
There is also a 400GB internal disk drive added post-purchase.
It is now the boot disk.

Of more concern to me right now is that my keyboard no longer works
on my Xfce desktop on Fedora 17. I cannot type into a terminal or
into a firefox form.
I am on another console. It does not play nice with the system I am using for mail.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily