fedora 17 hates me

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Jun 11 05:15:31 UTC 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>
>> Of more concern to me right now is that my keyboard no longer works
>> on my Xfce desktop on Fedora 17. I cannot type into a terminal or
>> into a firefox form.
>> I am on another console. It does not play nice with the system I am using
> for
>> mail.
>
> After logging out and logging in again, terminal works,
> but I am stuck at 24x80.
> I cannot resize with the mouse or with stty.
> stty rows 48 changes the result from stty -a,
> but does not make any other visible changes.

terminal doesn't like me again.
It won't take a keyboard focus, even on startup.
Also I can't reorder windows.
Clicking on a window does not move it to the top.
I can type in firefox forms.
I don't see anything obviously wrong in Xorg.0.log .
Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily