fedora 17 hates me

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Jun 11 06:12:02 UTC 2012

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> terminal doesn't like me again.
> It won't take a keyboard focus, even on startup.
> Also I can't reorder windows.
> Clicking on a window does not move it to the top.
> I can type in firefox forms.
> I don't see anything obviously wrong in Xorg.0.log .
> Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Logging in again produces yet another result.
This time the session starts with open terminals
that are bigger than 80x24, but cannot be resized.
I've told it not to save sessions, but the terminals
and firefox keep coming back.

Gnome doesn't seem to be any better than Xfce
and paging through applications seems to be
a lot harder.
I can make one termnal and I can move it,
but I cannot type into it or resize it.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily