thinking about new laptop

J.Witvliet at mindef.nl J.Witvliet at mindef.nl
Mon Jun 11 11:34:41 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org [mailto:users-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Neal Becker
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 1:03 PM
To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: thinking about new laptop

Currently have hp dv9000 17" used as desktop replacement.  I'm thinking about
buying something new (not hp this time).  Should I worry about linux
compatibility, or are those issues pretty much resolved now?

I guess graphics chipset is the biggest issue.  I don't expect to need 3D
performance, but want decent 2D.

Any suggestions?