bug on fedora 17: login screen doesn't show up

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 12:42:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 00:06 +0800, Fajrian Yunus wrote:
> bingo, i think you are right
>
> when i started my computer with 1 monitor only, things work well.
>
> when i started my computer with both monitors, the following things
> happen:
> 1. at 1 screen, i can see the fireworks background image without the
> login box
> 2. at the other screen, i see faintly blinking black screen (dark gray
> actually, but that's probably just because the monitor is cheap old
> monitor)
>
> where can i log this bug?

File it at bugzilla.redhat.com. I suspect it's actually either a kernel
or video driver issue, so make sure to include complete information
about your hardware (the easiest way to do this is to run smolt[1]).

[1] Run
yum install smolt-gui
smoltGui

Send the profile and attach the link it gives you to the BZ.