16 -> 17 = No HDMI [RESOLVED]

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:58:19 UTC 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 23:15:31 -0500 (CDT)
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> > You may also want to run
> >
> > yum distro-sync
> >
> > and even....
> >
> > rpm -qa | grep fc16
> >
> > to see what, if any, F16 packages may be lingering around.
>
> Be careful, Mort.
> 'Tis my understanding that some packages are supposed to linger.
> Don't remove them until you know you can replace them.

How many people have mdadm-3.2.5-1.fc16.x86_64 on their system after a
16 to 17 preupgrade (which is no longer a PRE anything)? The correct
package, btw, is 3.2.3-6.fc17 which looks like a new package because
versions trump release number. The release number should possibly
function like an epoch. Are any packages still using epoch numbers?