Changing MB and CPU - reinstall of Fedora needed?

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:57:30 UTC 2012

I will be moving from an AMD FX-8120 to an Intel i7 3930K, which of course
means I will be changing my motherboard as well. All other relevant system
components will stay the same (including the HDD and any data on it).

I just wondered if Fedora can accomodate the new hardware directly, or if
there are any procedures I should go through after booting again? Could a
reinstall be needed? I am guessing I will not have a problem booting, since
Grub is installed on the MBR of the drive, and I believe the new MB will
search this first for a bootloader.

Thanks in advance for all help!

--
Best,