Install 17 to a dinosaur

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 16:16:28 UTC 2012

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:58:08 -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> Brand names and model numbers are meaningless to me, not having owned a
> brand-name desktop machine since 1987 and always assembling my own.

	Well, that's one of the differences, doubtless the many
differences, between you and me.

> So why instead of brand names and model numbers, donĀ“t you say "A 500
> Mhz Pentium III with 256MB of RAM and a xyz PCI video card" ??.

	I have an agreement with my gunsmith, my barber, my car mechanic,
and all my gurux: they don't do history of literature and of tongues, and
I don't do their jobs.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User