F17 KDE Breakage

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 04:07:02 UTC 2012

I seem to be having a problem with any KDE application that has to
communicate with the world.

1. KMyMoney refuses to update from my bank's server via OFX direct.
GnuCash shares the same AQbanking setup and works perfectly. That
doesn't help me convert two years of data.

2. Akregator refuses to fetch any feeds. It won't even fetch feed
icons. I exported to OPML and imported the feeds into liferea which
works perfectly. Liferea seems lighter and more nimble anyway.

3. The YAWP weather widget is dead. It won't fetch data nor will it add
any locales using any of the available services like NOAA, Google or
Accuweather. I tried the other weather widget - same result.

I filed a bug report on KMyMoney which is of critical importance. I
wonder if I should try a clean install. Is this stuff working for
anyone in F17? Right now I am profoundly sorry that I upgraded to from
F16.