Power-off stupidity remains in Fedora 17

Roelof 'Ben' Kusters web at bentrein.com
Wed Jun 13 12:06:36 UTC 2012

> I know that complaining with each successive version of Fedora gets
> annoying. But would someone tell me why the developers insist on retains
> the stupidity of having to hold down the alt key to get to the power off
> option.

It's annoying, but it has an extremely easy fix. Has no one told you about
http://extensions.gnome.org yet? It's one fantastic collection of
shell-extensions that make F17 (and 15 and 16 by the way) very much more
usable than the out of the box version.
Linux is for tinkerers - people who want their machine to look perfect -
the way they like it. People who do not mind fiddling around with the out
of the box version till it suits their needs. If you don't like that,
that's a pity.
It's part of the Linux (and Fedora) experience. Out of the box works, but
it's not great for (m)any(one). It demands a bit of tinkering; and
extensions.gnome.org just made that tinkering easy.

Darn, I should get a marketing job. :D

--
Greetz,

Roelof Kusters
aka Ben

The internet isn't a highway, it's a swamp: the more you surf, the more it
draws you in.

Do read my blog! It's more entertaining than my emails:
http://my.opera.com/bentrein