Modem manager is bugging me

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jun 14 02:46:30 UTC 2012

On 06/14/2012 10:16 AM, John Wendel wrote:
> Anybody know how to tell network manager to not load modem manager?
>
> I don't have a modem, but modem manager and all of its plugin drivers get loaded.
> I'm trying put this pig on a diet, but not having a lot of luck.

Can we safely assume that you are talking about F17 and ModemManager which is part of
KDE?

I really don't know anything about ModemManager.  So, could you enlighten me about
what you are seeing?  How do you know the plugins are being loaded and how much
resources they are taking?

Does this mean when you bring up Network Manger and click on "Manage Connections"
that the "Mobile Boradband" tab is not grayed out?

Thanks.....

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage