Modem manager is bugging me

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jun 14 04:02:10 UTC 2012

On 06/14/2012 11:12 AM, John Wendel wrote:
> Nwtwork manager is also loading a bunch of wireless networking modules, which I
> also don't have, but I bitch about that in another post.
>
> Thanks for the reply.

OK....  I have an answer for you.

Edit the file....

/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.ModemManager.service

And comment out the line....

Exec=/usr/sbin/modem-manager

This will stop modem-manager from running and the plugins being loaded.  Please note
that this file will probably be replaced on a yum update when/if the ModemManager
package is updated.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage