Power-off stupidity remains in Fedora 17

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:35:10 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 16:44 +0930, Tim wrote:
> The big gripe is that it's an unnecessary thing.  Also, it's not
> intuitive.  Menus should present your choices.  You shouldn't have to
> go
> right clicking, or alt-clicking on menus, trying to find *hidden*
> options.  And, you have to know that you need to do that.  It's not
> the
> sort thing that's been required with menus, anywhere, before.
>
> It's a crappy user interface that requires combined keyboard and
> mousing
> to use the menu.  Bad design, in general, and a nuisance for the
> one-handed.  Or any situation where you don't have a keyboard.

Yes. It doesn't work for you. Lots of people have objected, and
therefore you have poweroff back in F18.

> Even if one could use the mouse, alone, and right click on an item,
> that's a nuisance, and ultimately unnecessary.
>
> On the whole, the user interface in Gnome 3 has become a painfull
> mess.
>
> And once more, in summary:  Unnecessary and a nuisance,

I'm not objecting to your saying that its a bad design. I'm saying that
you need to use one of the many solutions that are available and move on
instead of bringing this up on the mailing list.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.