dv7-4273us Installation Halts

edk ed at atl.org
Thu Jun 14 12:59:32 UTC 2012

I have an HP dv7-4273us, which halts during boot of the DVD and CDROM
installation media for Fedora 17.

Has anyone installed Fedora 17 on a dv7-4273us? I am using F15, and have
not tried F16.

Or, is there anyway that I can step through the startup routine? Here is
where the halt happens:

1. kernel and initial ram disk are loaded off the CD
2. mounts root off of CD/DVD
3. services start
4. resolution changes from text screen to a graphical screen
5. "started network manager [OK]" is reported
6. computer halts

I've tried these boot parameters: noprobe, nousb, nomdraid

Is there another method to debug the boot failure?

ed