OT: Routers, DD-WRT -

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Jun 14 14:54:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:23:47 -0400,
   "Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:

>   I've had this trouble with two Cisco E3000 "wireless" routers which
>   in addition to that problem fail periodically and have to have the
>   ac power switched on and off. That causes complaints from other
>   family members. I just bought a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Which has a
>   different version of DD-WRT installed "out of the box." It seems to
>   be running reliably, for the last 48 hours anyway, but I still can
>   not get the logging or access restrictions filtered to work.

You might want to look at OpenWRT as it is more open project than DDWRT and
they have build instructions that allow you to do custom builds easily.
They also have a packaging system with lots of optional packages.

Related to this is the CeroWRT project for testing fixes to buffer bloat
using a derivative of OpenWRT. But it looks like you might need to do your
own builds to play with CeroWRT on a WZR-HP-G300NH.