OT: Routers, DD-WRT -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jun 14 15:12:18 UTC 2012

On 14/06/12 10:54, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:23:47 -0400,
>   "Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA" <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
>>
>>   I've had this trouble with two Cisco E3000 "wireless" routers which
>>   in addition to that problem fail periodically and have to have the
>>   ac power switched on and off. That causes complaints from other
>>   family members. I just bought a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH Which has a
>>   different version of DD-WRT installed "out of the box." It seems to
>>   be running reliably, for the last 48 hours anyway, but I still can
>>   not get the logging or access restrictions filtered to work.
>
> You might want to look at OpenWRT as it is more open project than
> DDWRT and they have build instructions that allow you to do custom
> builds easily.
> They also have a packaging system with lots of optional packages.
>
> Related to this is the CeroWRT project for testing fixes to buffer
> bloat using a derivative of OpenWRT. But it looks like you might need
> to do your own builds to play with CeroWRT on a WZR-HP-G300NH.

    I've looked at OpenWRT via googling a few times but was never able
    to decide where to start. I guess I was looking for something I
    could download and install in a specific router model. Perhaps my
    approach was wrong? I will have another look there though. Thanks Bruno,

    Bob

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box7