smb share from an application??

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 12:36:35 UTC 2012

Ian Chapman wrote:
> It's also available under a special folder called .gvfs in your
> homespace. In the save/open dialog, go to your home folder. Press
> the right mouse button on the list of files and select "Show Hidden
> Files". There should be a folder called .gvfs. Go into this folder
> and you should see the shares.

On Fedora 17, this has been moved to /run/user/$USER/gvfs, where “user”
is, well, the four letters u, s, e and r, and $USER is your login name.

Tip: if this bothers you, why not make ~/.gvfs into a symlink?

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Top Tip: If you are being chased by a police dog, don’t
aprilcottage.co.uk | try to get away by crawling through a tunnel, going onto