Power-off stupidity remains in Gnome 3

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 18:02:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I
<eoconnor25 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks so much, but now I have yet another "stoopid" question:

There is no such thing as 'stupid questions' :)

> How do I "update" my system to F17 without losing all of my files, folders,
> applications etc? I've amassed quite a bit of "fluff" using Fedora and I'd
> hate to have to try and search them out again. Also I read somewhere that
> Adobe isn't "supporting" or "allowing" (not sure which word fits better
> here!) Flash video in Fedora anymore, what will happen when I upgrade? will
> I not be able to play flash video or view web-sites that have it as part of
> their makeup? I really don't want to "break" my Fedora!...  ;o(

Here is the info regarding upgrades in Fedora:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading

I *always* do clean-installs, and I keep '/home' on a separate
partition for this reason. Also, I'm not sure how a F15-17 upgrade
would work, you might have to go F15 -> 16, then 16 -> 17. Hopefully
someone with more experience with upgrades will chime in and offer
assistance.

--
-jayson