installing Microsoft fonts: chkfontpath not found

NRL NRLacasse at HotMail.com
Fri Jun 15 21:30:42 UTC 2012

On 06/15/2012 03:41 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I would recommend installing the MS Core fonts anyway
I can do that.

> if you tend to use them a lot but that's only a few fonts, no where
> near 7000. Additionally I'm not sure you'd want to install all 7000,
> that could slow things down a bit.
I only install the ones I intend to use. I make my own anniversary,
birthday and holiday cards. When I make cards I spend a few hours
looking through fonts.

> I found a howto here:
> http://vietunicode.sourceforge.net/howto/fontlinux.html
I bookmarked this page, thanks for finding and posting it for me.

> I would recommend creating a path somewhere similar such as
> /usr/share/fonts/myfonts
I think keeping them separate is a good idea.

> I would restart the font server properly: service xfs restart or
> systemctl restart xfs.service depending on what version of Fedora you use
I will do this too

Thanks so much for your reply.

Norm