I get no session option in F17

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 21:32:14 UTC 2012

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:18:05 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> In F16 once I enter my login name I get a session button but in on my
> F17 machine I do not. I have installed the groups XFCE Software
> Development and xfce but no session choice button appears. How can this
> be fixed?

Can't reproduce. With F17 x86_64 running GNOME Shell, I ran the following
in a terminal after becoming superuser root:

  # yum -y group install Xfce

Then I logged out, entered my user name, and the "> Session" box appeared
and contained XFCE in addition to GNOME and Openbox. Since then I've logged
in again, ran "yum history undo 28" to uninstall the Xfce group packages.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.4.0-1.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 1.61 1.17 0.96