Power-off stupidity remains in Fedora 17

Kernel Guardian kernelgardian at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 23:10:36 UTC 2012

On 16 June 2012 00:43, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:

> Reindl Harald writes:
>
>> sounds like the same as KDE4.0 and Nvidia some years ago
>>
>> Developers: "nooo Nvidia is the problem not KDE4.0"
>> Users:      "But why is KDE3.x and other Desktops working"
>> Developers: "The are doing some hacks to work"
>> Users:      "Why do you not the same"
>> Developers: "Becasue we do not fix bugs of others"
>>
>> this is one of the biggest problems in the opensource
>> community - no pragmatism, always designing the next
>> perfect thing but never get things working for a
>> longer time
>

> I have to confess that, a long time ago, I was suffering with the same attitude problem.
>
> But then I grew up.
>
> My earlier comment, about being an adult grown-up, was not just a throwaway line.

Would like to cheer  in the name of growing-up :), getting bigger
picture .... and, at the end, design and implements useful software
for the benefit of society/community ....
I always have one copy of Murphy's law near me. Just do not forget
some crucial things and thoughts.

"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways
can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it."
"If it can be shown that something that could have gone wrong did not
go wrong, then subsequent events will prove that everything would
ultimately have turned out better if that thing had gone wrong."
"Tolerances will accumulate unidirectionally toward maximum difficulty
of assembly."

hmmm..... maybe members of GNOME Team would read this accidentally :
http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-computer.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_programming