Power-off stupidity remains in Gnome 3

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Sat Jun 16 01:09:51 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 06:20:10PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Probably by arguing that 99.99% of users who don't actually care won't
> be part of the noise. Which I think is a fair point.

Having a good user testing would be very much appreciated. Meaning:
something that Sun did a lot of years ago. A lot seems to be biased.
E.g. only targeting Windows users, or people who actually notice
Internet polls, etc.

It seems that the difficulty of doing such unbiased testing is very much
underestimated.

I've heard various developers/designers say that they test their ideas
on a small scale. E.g. new applications are prototyped and tried out,
changed, tried out some more, etc. But all on very small scale, so
imperfect. E.g. after all that tweaking the final design might still be
pretty hard to get (happened to GNOME Boxes).

--
Regards,
Olav