NFSv4

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Jun 16 02:32:32 UTC 2012

On 15Jun2012 12:45, Raymond Pittigher <raymond.pittigher at exelisinc.com> wrote:
|   Starting to use Fedora on a system or 2 instead of RHEL5 or 6 and I
|   notice that on my NFSv4 mounts I get this
|
|   drwx--x---.  28 4294967294   4294967294   4096 Apr 26  2011 user2

That is uid and gid -2, cast to unsigned 32-bit.

I would guess it indicates a uid/gid on the filesystem for which there
is no match on your local system.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

He reminds me of the man who murdered both his parents, and then, when
sentence was about to be pronounced, pleaded for mercy on the grounds that
he was an orphan. - Abraham Lincoln, Own Stories