Power-off stupidity remains in Gnome 3

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Jun 16 07:34:54 UTC 2012

On 06/15/2012 07:06 PM, Roelof 'Ben' Kusters wrote:
> I had to install Xfce on a machine because it didn't have enough
> hardware for the full version. I felt - and feel - like I'm computing
> with one hand tied behind my back every time I use it...

And I find that it does exactly what I want, the way I want.  I
especially like the way it's so easy to customize using nothing but what
comes with it.  No need for third-party extensions, control panels or
GUI front ends to obscure tools; just what comes in the box.  And that's
one of the big things I like about Linux: if you don't like the way one
DE looks or works, you're free to hunt around for one you do.  No "one
size fits all" DE that everybody had to use, like it or not.