Power-off stupidity remains in Gnome 3

Roelof 'Ben' Kusters web at bentrein.com
Sat Jun 16 08:10:07 UTC 2012

> On 06/15/2012 07:06 PM, Roelof 'Ben' Kusters wrote in response to Joe
> Zeff:
>> The fact that you still rant about it, tells me that you have probably
>> not given it a real chance in the first place.
> I'll go farther than that: <snip> As soon as I saw what had happened, I
> logged back out and tried again,<snip>That's the closest I've ever come
> to trying Gnome 3.
Well then, here's to trying something new. Reading about thinks is very
different from using it; I'm not forcing you to use it, I'm merely
suggesting you try it - it may not be as bad as it seems on paper.

> And, I'm not ranting about Gnome 3 itself, I'm objecting to the apparent
> attitude of the Gnome devs as they seem to be completely indifferent to
> what anybody who's not a dev wants.
And that's better elsewhere?
Also, I've seen Ubuntu under Gnome3 - and they've managed to make a very
different environment out of it than Fedora (one that I do not like, but
perhaps you will?), meaning that it may not be entirely the dev's
indifference. It seems to me the dev's have managed to create a very wide
set of variables within Gnome3 that enables individual distros to make
very different looks and guis out of it. That in itself, I feel, is quite
impressive. Nobody is forcing anyone to stick with one particular distro...

--
Greetz,

Roelof Kusters
aka Ben

The internet isn't a highway, it's a swamp: the more you surf, the more it
draws you in.

Do read my blog! It's more entertaining than my emails:
http://my.opera.com/bentrein