64 bit version of Adobwe Reader

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sat Jun 16 08:21:05 UTC 2012

On 16.06.2012, Reindl Harald wrote:

> > Not strictly an answer, but (given that the 64bit does not exist) why
> > would you not use 32bit-compatibility libraries?

> for viewing PDFs? jokingly?

Adobe Reader is the only .pdf reader that is capable of displaying
embedded fonts sharply and precisely. I read a lot of scientific
papers in .pdf format which contain complex diagrams and formulas, and
it's a pain using evince or any other reader I'm aware of.

> dealing with nspluginwrapper for acrobat -> have fun!
> he wants a browser-plugin!

Really?

[root at wildsau ~]# yum deplist AdobeReader_enu | grep -i "nsplugin"
[root at wildsau ~]#