64 bit version of Adobwe Reader

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 10:13:17 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Heinz Diehl <htd at fritha.org> wrote:
> Adobe Reader is the only .pdf reader that is capable of displaying
> embedded fonts sharply and precisely. I read a lot of scientific
> papers in .pdf format which contain complex diagrams and formulas, and
> it's a pain using evince or any other reader I'm aware of.

Well I agree that the Adobe reader does a better job at printing, but
I have seldom had problems displaying diagrams/plots/mathematical
equations with evince. I am a physics researcher, so I see quite a bit
of those.

Do you have any examples? It would be good to see some. You could file
a report on bugzilla with the trouble pdf as attachment.

--
Suvayu