NFSv4

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Jun 16 15:33:35 UTC 2012

On 06/16/2012 05:43 PM, Pittigher, Raymond - ES wrote:
> Yes, I configured the /etc/idmapd... file and set the Domain variable. Started the systemctl restart nfs-idmap.service. If I go back to NFSv3 it all looks OK. It also seems to be only a problem with Fedora 17 at the moment. I did a clean install with Fedora 16 and had it working properly then did the upgrade to 17 and NFSv4 is missing some, not all, of the mappings. That list above is a small paste of about 300 users. I then did a clean install of Fedora 17 and it also has the same problem. About 20% did the UID/GID mapping and showed the username while the rest showed the nfsnobody mapping. Re-mounting to NFSv3 fixes the listing.

I wonder what email client you are using....since it quotes previous poorly making it
hard to determine who wrote what.....

Your NFS4 server system....what is that?

You said you're only having trouble with F17 as the NFS4 client.  You've also said
that some uid/gid are mapping correctly while others are not.

Would it be possible to give a larger sample size than the 2?  And could you do an ls
-ln with the file system unmounted just to verify the mount points were created
correctly?

I only have a few exported file systems and a few users and not seeing any problems.

Maybe you can describe your exports and mount points a bit more?

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage