Power-off stupidity remains in Gnome 3

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Jun 16 18:13:46 UTC 2012

On 06/16/2012 01:10 AM, Roelof 'Ben' Kusters wrote:
> I'm merely suggesting you try it - it may not be as bad as it seems on
> paper.

The fact that it's almost impossible to configure without taking the
time to install a bunch of extensions and that almost every single
default is exactly the opposite of what I like is enough to keep me from
trying it.  If you like it, stick with it.  I find the design choices,
especially the lack of choice, sufficiently distasteful that I've no
desire to find out how it works.  And, as it happens, I'm very, very
happy, TYVM, with Xfce.