Fedora 16 preupgraded to Fedora 17: xinput changes took away my touchscreen's right click emulation

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sat Jun 16 19:15:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have been happily using a WeTab atom tablet with Fedora for about an
year.

In Fedora 16 I had right click emulation via xinput like this:

xinput --set-prop 9 "Evdev Third Button Emulation" 1
xinput --set-prop 9 "Evdev Third Button Emulation Threshold" 70

After holding down a finger for a short time, I got the right click
emulation.

Now, after upgrading with preupgrade to Fedora 17, it no longer works,
I mean, the values get changed and I can consult them with xinput
--list-props 9, but no emulation happens.

I'll mark this as a bug if it's not a configuration problem on my end,
for which I hope someone here can help me identify whether it's my
setup that is wrong (and how to fix it) or if I should file a bug and
against which component (libXi, kernel, xorg, etc...).

[rms at ftab ~]$ xinput --list
⎡ Virtual core pointer                id=2  [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer      id=4  [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ eGalax Inc. USB TouchController id=9  [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse      id=15 [slave pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard               id=3  [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard     id=5  [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                    id=6  [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                       id=7  [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                    id=8  [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ USB 2.0 Camera                  id=12 [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Asus Laptop extra buttons       id=13 [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard    id=14 [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳   USB Keyboard                  id=10 [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳   USB Keyboard                  id=11 [slave  keyboard (3)]

Thanks in advance,
Rui