NFSv4

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 17 02:40:28 UTC 2012

On 06/16/2012 05:43 PM, Pittigher, Raymond - ES wrote:
> Yes, I configured the /etc/idmapd... file and set the Domain variable. Started the systemctl restart nfs-idmap.service.

One thing I noticed....but am still scratching my head....  I need to go back and
check the "test" mailing list archives.  But I recall something about no longer
needed the idmapd to run as a service when the system in acting as a client.

Regardless of that....  I found that on my system rpc.idmapd would not start on book
when the service was enabled.  The only way I could get it to start on boot was to
also enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage