Debugging a system freeze?

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sun Jun 17 12:03:14 UTC 2012

On 17.06.2012, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:

> Can somebody please answer my OP and point me to what syslogs I can examine
> to figure out what went on the freezes? Thanks!

Works M-sysrq on this machine? If you have a kernel compiled with
support for it (standard Fedora kernels have it), then check
/etc/sysctl.conf, set "kernel.sysrq = 1" and do a "sysctl -p"
afterwards.

An overview over the commands you can use is here:
http://kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sysrq.txt

Maybe Alan could give you better advice what to do here..