Installing smplayer2

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jun 18 05:03:48 UTC 2012

On 06/18/2012 12:28 PM, Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor wrote:
> Is there any RPM for smplayer 2? If not, I want to compile smplayer2 on my system.
> Which packages should I require other than mplayer2 and smplayer2?
>
> Also, the dependencies?
>
> And it is quite saddening to see that a package like smplayer2 is not present on
> Fedora official repo :(

Neither mplayer or smplayer are in the "Fedora" repos.  They are in the rpmfusion
repos.  Probably due to license issues?

As for compilation of mplayer2 and smplayer2, I would think the dependencies would be
listed on their sites.  For example   http://devel.mplayer2.org/wiki/Build/Deps

One thing to note, for mplayer2...
http://www.mplayer2.org/2012/06/17/python3-requirement/  So, you'll need to install
that.....