Installing smplayer2

Roelof 'Ben' Kusters web at bentrein.com
Mon Jun 18 12:54:09 UTC 2012

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor wrote:

> Is there any RPM for smplayer 2?

I don't know an smplayer2 - I only know of smplayer 0.8.0... Did you mean
that one?

There isn't afaik. I had never heard of it, but I liked what I saw when
you mailed about it. So I had a look. The text in the "install.txt" in the
download from the smplayer website is not perfectly clear.
Before following the instructions, be sure to install qt-devel ( # yum
install qt-devel ) and that once the rpmbuild is done, you look carefully
in the terminal output for where it's parked the rpm.
In case that's all too confusing for you, I've managed to install it from
the rpm my machine generated. I would think it would be possible for you
to install it with my rpm.

I have temporarily parked it here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2138099/smplayer-0.8.0-rvm.i386.rpm

Let me know when you have it, and if it's worked. I'll also look into
sticking this in rpm fusion, but have patience. I'm a busy man.

--
Greetz,

Roelof Kusters
aka Ben

The internet isn't a highway, it's a swamp: the more you surf, the more it
draws you in.

Do read my blog! It's more entertaining than my emails:
http://my.opera.com/bentrein