OT: nvidia video for linux a good idea?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 18 13:00:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 11:52 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> your card "legacy" resulting in no longer working with the next
> fedora-version with newer kernels or xorg versions

'tis the same if you use their hardware with the evil OS.  Eventually it
becomes unsupported, and the /solution/ is to buy new hardware...

Which is a major financial pain if your video hardware is built into the
motherboard, uses an older-style AGP slot, or you're using a laptop.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.