Fedora 17

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 18 16:36:49 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 09:17 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/18/2012 06:24 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > If the review just focusses on the
> > desktop environment, then at least you can assume that the distribution
> > part was good.
>
> True.  You should, however, be clear just what's responsible for the
> issues you're complaining about.

Let me repeat, I know Fedora is not directly responsible for Gnome 3.
However, if it clear that there are aspects of the default DE supplied
with a Fedora product that are ill-designed I would expect that Fedora
would have words with Gnome about what they are doing. It has more clout
then we do. When the default DE has aspects they are prima faca evidence
that the GNOME developers were not thinking clearly in including them
Gnome should be given an ultimatum that they straighten things out or
Fedora will find another DE to supply to its users. As people keep
pointing out there are several DEs out there.
Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at,
that's what I say. -- Doctor Who
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net