udev: problem renaming deviceode for dvb-devices.

llarevo at gmx.net llarevo at gmx.net
Tue Jun 19 11:03:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

I need my usb-dvb-cards assigned to fixed /dev/dvb/adapter-numbers in
order to make them work proberly with mencoder which addreses them via
the adapter number.

In /etc/udev/rules.d/70-own-dvb.rules I have

http://pastebin.com/AG2UrXmp

This renaming worked in several Ubuntu-Versions up to 11.10 as well as
in f15 and f16. But in f17 the adapter-numbers are not assigned as given
in my file. Why?

udevadm test --action=add /class/dvb

gives amongst others

parse_file: reading '/etc/udev/rules.d/70-own-dvb.rules' as rules file

I tried different subsystem- and other parameters within the file as
well as 00 and 99 as prefixes in the filename. Nothing helped. What is
going wrong, where can I find additional information? Is this the right
list? I'm asking, because i already asked on ask.fedoraproject.org, but
get no answer there.

Thank you!
--
Felix