Curious About Updating.....

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:31:39 UTC 2012

Hello all ok so here's my question, and bear in mind this isn't a
pressing matter as I have secondary and tertiary computers.

I have a laptop Gateway T-Series 3200...(I THINK! since there's no way
of knowing cuz' there's no labels and the System only gives me "generic"
info)
250GB Hard drive
Fedora 15
Kernel Info:  2.6.43.8-1.fc15.i686 #1 SMP Mon Jun 4 20:28:56 UTC 2012
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
No special apps or tools installed aside from the usual suspects.
(Firefox, LibreOffice, Thunderbird, and Pidgin)

So I know that I'm "behind" by a few versions, and I had recently posted
before about updating to the latest version, but it seems that I cannot,
at least not without a fresh install, and after reading quite a few
posts about some of the problems people are having with Fedora 17 I'm
wondering if it wouldn't just be wiser to wait until they've "perfected"
it a little more?......or would it be wise to just wait for Fedora
18?....which is soon coming down the pike? Just wondering is all I'm
open to any and all suggestions, and the only reason why I'm thinking
about upgrading is because someone had told me that after a certain
time-frame I cannot or will not be able to get updates for the version I
currently have......

Thanks All!

Cheers!

EGO II