F15 -> F17 upgrade "A unpack error occurred when installing the numpy package"

David Lam david.k.lam1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 04:54:11 UTC 2012

I'm trying to upgrade my F15 system using the F17 installation DVD, but
it's failing with this error right at the start of the screen where it
starts to install/upgrade packages and has the progress bar.  I did the
verify install disk thing and it said it was fine too.

I'm not too sure what I should try next or check. Anyone get this before or
have any ideas?

I did a little reading and found preupgrade here
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PreUpgrade, so... maybe I'll give it a try.