F15 -> F17 upgrade "A unpack error occurred when installing the numpy package"

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:20:46 UTC 2012

Well I had tried to just upgrade my system using "preupgrade" and here's
the error message I'm getting, don't know if it's related to the same
problem you're having.

bash-4.2# preupgrade
No protocol specified
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/preupgrade/preupgrade-gtk.py", line 53, in <module>
     import gtk
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line
64, in <module>
     _init()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line
52, in _init
     _gtk.init_check()
RuntimeError: could not open display
bash-4.2#