An apology is required from me.

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 20 16:43:06 UTC 2012

> I tend to agree with ajax's opinion on the
> "Linux is all about choice" meme:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-January/msg00861.html

What ajax seems to be saying is that it is not realistic to include
every possible choice in a given distribution. I agree. There are
desktop environments available for Linux that are not shipped with
Fedora, and one cannot reasonably complain about that. But you still
have the choice to use a different distro that provides the choices you
want if you are not satisfied with the choices that one distro includes.

I don't think the problem is necessarily about saying that "Linux is
about choice", but about expectations that this means every possible
choice should be available in your favorite distro.

--Greg