Curious And Worried.....

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Jun 21 00:35:29 UTC 2012

On 06/20/2012 05:26 PM, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I wrote:
> I got when I was in Terminal checking things there and it says I have
> "mail" but it's in a folder?.....I've abbreviated the entire message,
> but I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the upgrade?

That's probably internal mail, from some program you're running.  Most
of the time, that gets sent to root; were you working as root, or
yourself?  In either case, just run this:

mail

and you can see whatever messages you've got.  Warning, you're stuck
with a CLI that goes back to when an interactive session used a
typewriter, and the commands are, to say the least, concise.  Think of
vi, and you've got the basic idea, but at least mail's commands aren't
cryptic.